With a customized laser engraving machine, you can easily give leather a quality finish. With a Trotec laser, leather is engraved quickly and easily for purses, wallets, bracelets, belts, shoes and more.
Leather types suitable for laser engraving
- Natural leather
- Suede leather
- Napped leather
- Nubuck leather
- Synthetic leather
- Alcantara leather
Application examples of acrylic cutting
Leather is used in the production of clothing, gift items and decorations. When cutting leather, the laser is melting the material. This results in clean and perfectly sealed edges. Laser engraving on leather creates an incredibly tactile effect, making it easy to customize or give a special finish to the end product.
Why should I buy a laser for marking plastics?
Leather is tough and offers strong resistance to every tool used on it aside from the laser beam. Laser processing is contact-free and produces consistent results without wear and tear. The laser beam melts the material and produces perfectly clean and sealed edges on the surface of the leather.
Function and advantages of laser technology
Perfect sealed edges with laser cut leather
- No fraying
- No post-processing is required
- Laser cutting is faster than knife cutting
- No resistance on the material due to contactless machining
- No time-consuming fixating of materials in comparison to other processing methods
- No warping of the material
One tool for all shapes
- The tool’s diameter does not have to be taken into account
- Depending on the lens used, the laser beam is about 0.1 mm wide.