Acrylic (PMMA) is ideal for laser processing projects such as illuminated advertisements, signage, point of sales displays and more. Without any additional post-processing, the laser cuts result in shiny, flame polished edges. Panels up to 25 mm thick can be cut efficiently and cost-effectively. Acrylic can be engraved to create a matted finish with the Co2 laser, or marked to create a color change with the fiber laser.
Application examples of acrylic cutting
The laser beam is the universal “tool” for acrylic processing regardless of the shape and material thicknesses. The advantages of laser cutting are undisputed in the plastics and advertising technology sector.
Outdoor and indoor signs
Why should I buy a laser for acrylic cutting?
Flame-polished cutting edges without additional post-processing of materials: Due to significantly lower processing costs, acrylic processing with laser technology is up to 88% less expensive than processing with a milling cutter (processing time for tensioning and post-processing of the material, tools).
Function and advantages of laser technology
Flame-polished cutting edges without additional post-processing
- Time and cost-intensive manual polishing of the matte cutting edge is eliminated
- Precise axis drives and intelligent air flow ensure optimal cutting results
- Small shapes and radiuses can be cut to a tenth of a millimeter
Cast PMMA is cut without burrs
- The need for time-consuming deburring is eliminated
- No time-consuming fixating of materials in comparison to milling cutters
- No warping of the material